The Just Transition Investors Alliance’s (JTIA) aspiration
The platform is an African and global pension and sovereign wealth funds initiative, providing leadership on Just Energy Transition, Place-based impact Investment and Value Chain Equity Procurement Strategies, working with their portfolio companies, as part of their ESG commitments to the Just Energy transition and their SDG 10 obligations to address historic discriminatory trading practices exploiting and subordinating Africa, to the provision of raw materials. Investors therefore will be working with portfolio companies, to increase, set and meet targets that increase Africa’s integration and share of their global value chains for finished goods, with a particular focus on green finished goods and technologies manufactured from Just Transition Green Industrial Cities under the AfCFTA.
Investors will form place based-impact investment partnerships, to support portfolio companies set-up industrial manufacturing facilities, logistics and trade related infrastructure platforms and enter into corporate PPA’s and long-term procurement and purchasing agreements.
The Just Transition Investors Alliance (JTIA), will work with the (JTPCC) to deliver the following 5-part programme:
- Creates a demand driven coalition network of buying MNCs, Governments, Aid Organizations and Procurement Agencies, committed to supporting Africa’s Just Energy Transition, SDG10 & 17 and the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA). For example, what percentage of the First Movers Coalition (FMC) companies, whose collective market value exceeds $8 trillion across five continents, that have committed $12 billion in 2030 purchase commitments for green technologies to decarbonize the cement and concrete industry and other hard-to-abate sectors, such as shipping, trucking, and aviation can be manufactured in African Just Transition Green Industrial Cities.
- Digitalize, support and onboard JTPCC SME suppliers (particularly women and youth), to the AfricaPLC Marketplace.
- Design policy recommendations and digital twin projects with the (JTPCC) and procurement network, to assist governments, development partners, and policymakers, to make informed strategic policy and programmatic decisions around Just Energy Transition sustainable procurement, digital inclusion and eTrade for women and youth procurement partnerships in support of the AfCFTA.
- Develop and host country, regional, and global sustainable procurement, eTrade an digital twin capacity building training programmes
- Sponsor and adopt an African network of Just Transition Green Industrial City and place-based, public and private climate investment leaders, to share best practice and the latest trends on investing in the just transition and accessing global value chains, through investing in African Just transition Green Industrial Cities. The network will bring together mayors, industrial investors, government officials, private sector leaders, urban, inclusion and climate investment, technology and development finance specialists, to assist deepen and deliver the JTIA’s goals
Carbon Dioxide Removal
Learn more from our latest news
Follow our latest news and thoughts .